Marks Paneth’s highly-specialized Jewelry Practice offers unmatched experience serving domestic and international jewelry businesses and their owners. We assist our clients with audits, reviews and compilations; financing; consulting; and strategic planning.
Our practitioners advise on structuring and transactions – working with both buyers and sellers. We have served as expert witnesses, providing testimony in cases involving the jewelry industry, as well as financial advisors to vendor groups seeking to better understand the financial condition of lenders. We also provide restructuring services for companies who find themselves in financial difficulty.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION INCLUDE:
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Lender Services
- Financial Modeling and Cash Flow Projections
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Review of Partnership, Operating and Stockholder Agreements
- Assistance with Negotiating Letters of Intent
- Financial Advisory Services to Companies and Vendor Groups
- Review of Operating Expenses
- Review of Financing Arrangements and Facilitation of New Financing
- Analysis of the Jewelry Market and the Retail Environment
- Analysis of Domestic Manufacturing Versus Importing
- Analysis of Profitability of Memo Programs
- Development or Improvement of Inventory and Cash Management Controls
- Evaluation of Inventory Valuation Methods
- IRC Section 263A – Uniform Capitalization Rules
- Federal State and Local Tax Compliance
- Manufacturers and Wholesalers of Precious Metal and Diamond Jewelry
- Loose Stone Dealers
- Importers of Gold Jewelry
Group LeaderHoward Hoff
Partner-in-Charge, Commercial Business Group
Howard Hoff, CPA, CGMA, brings more than 25 years of experience in accounting and consulting to his position as the Partner-in-Charge of the Commercial Business Group at Marks Paneth LLP. In this capacity, he provides a broad range of services to a diverse client base. Mr. Hoff spends the majority of his time working with clients to improve the organization, structure and profitability of their businesses.
Mr. Hoff works with his clients in many different roles. In his role as lead audit and client service partner, he provides his clients with insightful and effective solutions. He is involved in every phase of the engagement from planning to review of the financial statements. He is a trusted advisor and works closely with clients to help them strategize from a tax, financial and business perspective to achieve their goals.