Retail and Consumer Products
Marks Paneth’s Retail Practice delivers audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in all sectors of the retail industry – including jewelry, apparel, household goods, optical, drugstores and furniture stores. Our specialists help retailers comply with regulatory and reporting requirements; improve business processes; identify and address cash flow issues; benchmark against industry norms and implement best practices; and manage risk.
In addition to directly serving retailers, we work closely with companies that support the retail industry as or clients include factoring and finance companies.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION INCLUDE:
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Markdown Analysis
- Facilitation of Financing
- Local and Interstate Sales Tax Issues
- Purchase or Lease Decision Analysis
- Development or Improvement of Inventory and Cash Management Controls
- Development and Maintenance of Warehousing and Distribution Systems
- Inventory Valuation Methods
- Forecasts and Projections
- Sales Per Square Foot Analysis
- IRC Section 263A – Uniform Capitalization Issues
- Local and Interstate Sales Tax
- Domestic Production Activities Deductions
Group LeaderHoward Hoff
Partner-in-Charge, Commercial Business Group
Howard Hoff, CPA, CGMA, brings more than 25 years of experience in accounting and consulting to his position as the Partner-in-Charge of the Commercial Business Group at Marks Paneth LLP. In this capacity, he provides a broad range of services to a diverse client base. Mr. Hoff spends the majority of his time working with clients to improve the organization, structure and profitability of their businesses.
Mr. Hoff works with his clients in many different roles. In his role as lead audit and client service partner, he provides his clients with insightful and effective solutions. He is involved in every phase of the engagement from planning to review of the financial statements. He is a trusted advisor and works closely with clients to help them strategize from a tax, financial and business perspective to achieve their goals.