Douglas Schwartz, CPA/CFF/CGMA, CFEDirector
8 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Douglas I. Schwartz, CPA/CFF/CGMA, CFE, is a Director in the Advisory Services Group at Marks Paneth LLP. With more than thirty years of experience, his skills reflect a unique combination of private and public company accounting, tax, litigation support and business advisory expertise.
Mr. Schwartz provides forensic accounting, expert witness and business valuation services – and manages projects pertaining to the prevention, detection and investigation of financial fraud; financial statement misstatements; dispute resolution; family law; lifestyle accounting; and, mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Schwartz brings a specialization in the financial services industry – particularly with hedge funds, private equity funds and alternative asset management firms. He provides advice on onshore and offshore structures, publicly traded partnerships, alternative investment trading, derivatives and foreign investments. In addition, he has substantial experience with ASC 740 (formerly, FAS 109/FIN 48), initial public offerings (IPOs) and public company tax reporting.
Mr. Schwartz is Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) – and has earned the designations of Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) and Certified Forensic Examiner (CFE).
In addition to his professional activities, Mr. Schwartz is a Trustee of the Chilton Medical Center Foundation (an affiliate of Atlantic Health System) in Pompton Plains, NJ – where he serves on the Finance and Governance and Community Outreach Committees. He also volunteers at the Laurelwood Arboretum, a 30-acre botanically diverse public park, located in Wayne, NJ – and provides pro bono accounting services to not-for-profit and community organizations.
Mr. Schwartz has spoken on topics regarding ASC 740, and settlement and distribution of assets incident to divorce. He has also written about the government’s Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative.
- Emory University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Major: Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Forensic and Valuation Services Group
- Chartered Global Management Accountant Group
- New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Business Valuation and Forensic Litigation Services Interest Group
- Former Chair, Litigation Support and Forensic Accounting Interest Group
- American Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Chilton Medical Center Foundation (affiliate of Atlantic Health System)
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Member, Finance and Governance Committee
- Member, Community Outreach Committee
- Co-Chair, Annual Gala
- William Paterson University
- Student Accounting Mentor
- Fight for Sight
- Former Board Member
Financial Services Industry