William M. Stocker III, CPASenior Consultant
88 Froehlich Farm Boulevard
Woodbury, NY 11797-2921
William M. Stocker III, CPA, is the Senior Consultant at Marks Paneth LLP. In this capacity he provides internal consulting services on audit, accounting and financial reporting issues. In his client service role, he functions as engagement quality control review partner on key audit and review engagements as well as serves on corporate financial advisory services engagements in the areas of financial reporting, valuation and SEC matters.
Mr. Stocker began his career with a series of small firms before joining Paneth, Haber & Zimmerman LLP, a predecessor of today’s firm, in 1984. During his tenure at Marks Paneth, he has been involved in providing services to clients in virtually all of the industries served by the firm. He has also been a key member of the team on many litigation services engagements relating to securities issues, accounting malpractice and business valuation.
He is a member of the firm’s China Desk, a cross-disciplinary team of professionals who can assist both US and Chinese businesses and individuals looking to work, invest, raise capital or do business in China and the United States.
Throughout his career, Mr. Stocker has been a guest speaker at conferences, seminars and client gatherings. He has been published in The CPA Journal. He also serves as a prepublication reviewer for this publication.
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
Bachelor of Science - Concentrations: Accounting and Management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Accounting and Auditing Oversight Committee
- Member, International Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Past Chair, Financial Accounting Standards Committee
- Past Chair, Auditing Standards and Procedures Committee
- Past Chair, Foundation for Accounting Education's Annual Auditing Conference
- Forum of Firms (International Federation of Accountants)
Audit and Accounting Standards