2017 Q4 tax calendar: Key deadlines for businesses and other employersSeptember 12, 2017
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2017. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below.)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
Upcoming EventsApril 9, 2020
Join professionals from Marks Paneth and McCarter & English for the next live webinar in our series focused on key areas of guidance for organizations navigating the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis, Supply Chain: Logistics, Disruption and Recovery.
View All Events