Recent Grads & Interns
Personalize your career at Marks Paneth.
We stake our success on growing our own talent. That’s why each year we actively recruit on-campus for recent and soon-to-be grads. We require a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with 150 credit hours and/or a Master’s degree. A prior CPA firm internship is preferred, but not mandatory. If you’re ready to tackle challenges head-on, go above and beyond for your clients and colleagues and develop expertise at a leading accounting, tax and advisory firm, we’d like to get to know you.
- Planning and executing activities of audit/tax engagements for clients.
- Identifying and communicating accounting, auditing and tax matters to managers and partners.
- Building relationships with clients and staff.
- Applying knowledge of business functions, strategies and processes to provide services, solutions, advice and improvements to clients.
- Applying knowledge and comprehension of professional standards and governing principles to client business.
Accelerate your career at Marks Paneth.
Our ideal intern candidate is pursuing a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in accounting or a related field. Our internships require a minimum time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Our goal is to transition our interns to full-time employees.
- Identifying and communicating accounting matters to senior accountants.
- Applying knowledge of business functions, strategies and processes to client accounts.
- Applying knowledge of professional standards and governing principals to our clients’ businesses.
- Assisting with clerical functions, as needed.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether you are applying for a fall or spring internship in the subject line of the email.
Interesting Work, Great People
“I’ve been here just over three years and my clients have varied from real estate, to jewelry manufacturers/wholesalers, to fast food franchisees. I’ve been exposed to both audit and tax work, giving me a better understanding of how businesses actually function. The best part has been the people I work with. My team is hard working and knowledgeable—which motivates me to be on my best game—not to mention a lot of fun to hang out with.”
Manager, Commercial Businesses Group (Rutgers Business School)
Dedicated Teams, Client Relationships
“I’ve been here just over six years. I love the balance the firm affords for work and family life. That said, our dedicated employees are willing to help at any moment and go the extra mile in order to get the job finished. We have a great relationship with our clients and we’re constantly trying to stay ahead of the game.”
Manager, Commercial Business Group
Opportunities to Grow, Friendly Culture
“My internship with Marks Paneth gave me the opportunity to try both tax and audit which helped me pave my career path. The great work/life balance at Marks Paneth and my knowledgeable peers, who are always willing to help, have had a huge impact on my growth here. ”
Supervisor, Tax Group, (Pace University)
Recognition, Flexibility, Trust
“In comparison to another midsized firm where I worked, Marks Paneth truly recognizes and appreciates employees' hard work. It also offers flexible schedules. If I have come to work later some mornings, I can make up my hours by staying later or working on the weekend. I always feel trusted to get my work done.”
Director, Nonprofit, Government & Healthcare Group (CUNY Baruch College)