Marks Paneth has a distinguished client roster which includes several celebrity chefs, restaurant owners and operators, catering facilities and franchisors. Our cross-disciplinary team of audit, tax and advisory specialists have a long history serving the restaurant and catering industries, domestically and internationally.
We help analyze industry trends and monitor food, beverage and labor costs. As an industry leader, we provide practice-proven guidance to assist our clients through the business lifecycle – from initial financing to the implementation of exit strategies.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION INCLUDE:
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Financial Advisory Services
- Tax Compliance and Structuring
- Point of Services (PoS) Audits and Reviews
- Franchise Fees
- Bookkeeping Services
- Lender Services
- Business Valuations
- Cost Accounting and Cash Flow Management
- Partnership, Operating and Stockholder Agreements
- Guidance in IRC Section 263A – Uniform Capitalization Issues
- Local Sales Tax Issues
- Fine Dining Establishments
- National and Regional Chain Restaurants
- Restaurants in Hotels, Owned and Operated by Hotels and Independently
Group LeaderKurt S. Kiess
Kurt S. Kiess, CPA, is a Partner at Marks Paneth LLP. He has a broad background in the audit and tax aspects of his profession. Mr. Kiess concentrates on serving clients in the real estate, retail, insurance and manufacturing industries.
With a public accounting background spanning more than 20 years, Mr. Kiess was a Partner at Marks Shron & Company when it combined with Paneth, Haber and Zimmerman LLP to form today's firm. He has developed a specialty in mergers and acquisitions and works with his clients to identify the critical issues that will result in a successful transaction. He is a member of the Executive Committee of Marks Paneth, which sets policy and strategy for the firm.