Your privacy is important to us. At Marks Paneth LLP, we are committed to your privacy and retaining your trust. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential. Please read this to learn how we handle your personal information.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you through our Site in order to respond to your request and provide you with appropriate information about us, our services and events. For example, we may collect your personal information when you submit a request through the “Contact Us” feature on our Site (which may require you to provide your name and e-mail address), or if you sign up to receive a newsletter or other communication from us.
If you choose to apply for employment with us online, you will be required to provide your name, address, email address and contact information. We will only use this information to match you with available employment opportunities.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You can disable some cookies on your computer by changing the settings in your browser, but be aware that not all cookies can be disabled in this manner.
We may use other technology, including through the use of third party analytics providers, that lets us know what type of browser you are using, the website from which you enter our Site, the type of device you are using, the pages you view as you visit the Site, your location, your IP address, and other information related to your technology or use of the Site. This technology does not necessarily identify you personally, and it helps us compile aggregate statistics and useful information about our guests and their use of our Site. We use these statistics and analytics services to improve our Site design and content, to evaluate how the Site is used, analyze traffic patterns, and to prepare and deliver our marketing programs and materials.
Parties to whom we disclose information
Nonpublic personal information about you may be disclosed to both our affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law, our Codes of Professional Conduct and Ethics Rulings, or as necessary for such third parties to provide services to us, including for the following purposes:
- Complying with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons,
- In the course of a review of our firm's practices as required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) or New York State Board for Public Accountancy,
- Initiating a complaint or responding to an inquiry made by the Professional Ethics Committee of the NYSSCPA, the ethics division or trial board of AICPA, or any duly constituted investigative or disciplinary body having jurisdiction,
- In connection with a prospective purchase, sale, merger or other corporate reorganization involving all or part of our practice,
- Participating in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit, and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record,
- Providing information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us, or
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure of your personal information is required by law or is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activity to us, our clients, our employees or others, or our property, including this Site.
Third Party Links and Password Protection Portions of the Site
You may require login credentials to access certain portions of our Sites, such as the client portals. Login credentials will be provided to you when appropriate as part of our provision of services to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that such credentials are safeguarded and that nobody but you can access or use such credentials. We will assume that all activity on such password protection portions of our Site is your lawful activity, when performed using your login credentials. If your login credentials are lost or stolen, notify us immediately.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Marks Paneth LLP understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect information from those we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is intentionally structured to attract anyone under 13 years of age. If you believe we have collected information of a child under 13 years of age, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to delete such information promptly.
Security of nonpublic personal information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in an attempt to guard your nonpublic personal information. Be aware, however, that the internet is not inherently safe, and no measures are ever foolproof. You transmit your information over the internet at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who reside in California and have provided their nonpublic personal information to Marks Paneth LLP may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of such information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such request must be submitted to us by contacting us at email@example.com. Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, if any, during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
Marks Paneth LLP may track your movement through our Site through use of “cookies.” Cookies help assist us provide services to visitors to our Site. You should be aware that certain features on our Site may only be available through the use of “cookies.”
Marks Paneth does not track your activities online over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
Because a standard has not been issued for the use of do-not-track browser signals (DNT) at this time, we do not honor such signals under all circumstances.
Marks Paneth reserves the right to amend this policy at any time in its discretion.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org